Friday, November 13, 2015

The Unbelieveable Suckfest That is 2015 Just Keeps On Rolling

Since my last post, I've lost another dear friend to Heaven and have had some very private and fairly substantial issues with one of my kids. 

Seriously.  This year needs to quit.  Just stop already.  I'm over it. 

My sweet friend Jill, who I met online and had the absolute honor to meet in person, suddenly passed away several weeks ago.  Turns out it was congestive heart failure.  Her sister (they lived together as Jill was helping her sister raise her kids) came home from work to find Jill slumped over her desk in her room. 

Again, like Catherine, rather than dwell on her death, I want to dwell on her LIFE.  Jill was a grammar nazi.  She was a writer.  She was lover of great classic fiction.  She had completed her bachelors degree and had moved on to her Masters program in romantic literature (I think....).  She was writing a childrens book, and editing a book for our friend Cher.  (FYI, Cher was asked to finish the book Jill had started - she was verklempt and honored at being asked to do this)  She was absolutely obsessed in love with her niece and twin nephews, spoiling them rotten - but being mean Auntie Sue when she needed to.  She was a quiet person, preferring to sit back and observe everyone around her.  She was smart, she was witty.  She was hands down hilarious.  I miss her terribly. 



In a weeks long group discussion thread on Facebook Messenger with all the people who love Jill (affectionately referred to as The Family), suddenly, one of the group came up with many, many photos of Jill from a phenomenal house party in Kentucky 6 years ago.  It was seriously the best party I have ever been to.  As I was scrolling through the photos, I was stopped cold in my tracks, wind knocked out of me. 

That is Jill in blue behind me, I have my hand on Catherine's shoulder, and to my right is Laci (yes, my shirt says "Loud Bitch" - and yes, there is story behind that).   

In this one picture are two of my very dear friends, both of whom passed away this summer/fall, both of whom were way too young (in their 40s).  I still can't even wrap my brain around it, I really can't.  Since June, loss experienced by me or my friends/fam (framily) numbers 7.  SEVEN.  This number wouldn't be shocking if I was, say, 75 years old.  I'm not.  I'm 45 years old.

So, since this year has truly and thoroughly sucked for so many people, I created a Facebook event - a virtual party for New Years Eve, so we can all get together, chat, laugh, and try like hell to create some positive mojo for 2016 as we give 2015 a giant and collective middle finger. 

We have all had it with your bullshit 2015. 
We are over it.   Bye Felicia!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment