Wednesday, October 7, 2015

12 Fridays Left!

I know it's only October.  It's firmly Halloween season here in the US.  And I love it, I really do! 

But, Christmas is coming.  And it will be here before we know it.  This has left me with a small conundrum and I think I have a great and fun solution. 

Scott and I are alone this year for Christmas.  The kid and the grandbaby lovey shmoopie Most Perfect Child In The World are not going to be here this year.  There is nothing sadder to me than a Christmas tree all decorated and beautiful, with nothing beneath it.  I imagine that is because for so many years, I've had a tree that was full of presents for kids.  So, I can't fathom having a Christmas tree that has nothing under it.  However, Scott and I are grown ups, and truly our Christmas gift to each other this year is the cruise we are taking in April, so we won't have anything under the tree.

Or will we??

I suggested, and I TOTALLY want to do, this:  I want him and I to go shopping at the dollar store or a store we have here called Five Below - in which everything is under $5.  It will be cheap and it will fill the tree with presents!  I also firmly believe it will also be hysterical.  How much weird crap can we find for under $5 each thing?  The more I think about it, the more I want to do it.  Maybe we'll make it a competition - who can find the weirdest thing?  Haaaaa.

I had thought about taking some empty boxes and just wrapping them and putting them under the tree because that's better than nothing right?  The more I thought about that, the more I realized that no, it was not better than nothing.  It was far sadder than a tree with no presents. 

Now, I'm excited.  It's just 12 more Fridays until Christmas! 

1 comment:

  1. Gimme your address. All your friends can send you something weird. We are ALL good at weird. Under $5? We will surprise you. LOL

    ReplyDelete